The JALT Task-Based Learning SIG is proud to sponsor the 5th “Task-Based Language Teaching in Asia” conference, to be held June 20th and 21st, 2020, at Ryukoku University in Kyoto, Japan. The aim of this international event is to enable language educators and researchers from across Asia to share ideas and discuss various aspects relating to the theory and/or practice of Task-based Learning and Teaching in Asia. We also welcome those from further afield with an interest in TBLT. The TBLT in Asia conference attracts scholars from all over the world, with presentations focusing on practical aspects of task implementation, as well as more theoretical issues. We would like to invite those with an interest in this field to submit an abstract for a paper (25 mins), workshop (40 mins), or poster session. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- the compatibility of TBLT in Asia
- language teacher professional development and TBLT
- the evaluation of TBLT in classrooms
- TBLT and CALL
- the use of learners’ L1 in TBLT classrooms
- learners’ L2 development and TBLT
- learner identity and TBLT
- learner language use during tasks
- TBLT with young learners
- classroom and curriculum challenges
- Practical ideas for TBLT classrooms
- future directions for TBLT in Asia
Please prepare an abstract of no more than 300 words, and a short 50 word summary for use in the conference handbook.
Submission deadline: March 15th 2020. Following peer review, presenters will be notified of acceptance before April 10th 2020.