The fourth JALT Task-Based Language Teaching in Asia conference will be held at Ryukoku University, Kyoto on June 23rd and 24th, 2018. The aim of this international event is to enable language educators and researchers from across Asia to share ideas and discuss various aspects relating to the theory and/or practice of Task-based Learning and Teaching in Asia.
We would like to invite those with an interest in the field of Task-Based Language
Teaching to submit an abstract for a paper (25 mins), workshop (40 mins), or poster session. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- the compatibility of TBLT in Asia
- language teacher professional development and TBLT
- the evaluation of TBLT in classrooms
- TBLT and CALL
- the use of learners’ L1 in TBLT classrooms
- learners’ L2 development and TBLT
- learner identity and TBLT
- learner language use during tasks
- TBLT with young learners
- classroom and curriculum challenges
- Practical ideas for TBLT classrooms
- future directions for TBLT in Asia
- Proposals should include a title (maximum 100 characters), the names of each presenter, an abstract (maximum 300 words) as well as a short summary (50 words). Be sure to make clear links with TBLT in both the abstract and summary.
All proposals should be made through our conference online submission system.
Following peer review, contributors will be notified via e-mail by 7 April 2018 regarding acceptance of their proposal. Following acceptance of their contribution, all presenters appearing in the proposal must register for the TBLT conference by 20 May 2018 to ensure inclusion in the conference program.
Submission deadline: 15th March 2018